The Moore Reef pontoon is the perfect destination to experience all the outer Reef offers. Visitors of all ages and abilities can view and interact with the Great Barrier Reef in many ways.
Snorkel in the naturally coral-fringed lagoon while trained lifeguards keep watch. There are two snorkel platforms on the pontoon with water access via stairs, providing easy entry to explore Moore Reef. An enclosed ocean pool is excellent for kids to swim in the saltwater at wading height, while a slide down the 30-metre spiral waterslide is a great way to enter the tropical ocean.
If you prefer to stay dry during your visit to the Pontoon, there are still plenty of options to explore. A semi-submersible tour is a great way to tour Moore Reef without jumping in the water, while a glass-bottom boat tour provides views from above. Visit the underwater observatory to view the impressive natural fish tank with views of Moore Reef from the pontoon. You will see plenty of coral and marine life and a Scuba Diver or two! A visit to the touch tank gets you up close to marine life while learning about this unique ecosystem.
In addition to the included activities, the Moore Reef Pontoon also has optional upgrades to explore the Great Barrier Reef. Add a guided-snorkel tour to learn from the experts, while a Seawalker helmet dive is a unique way to see Moore Reef from below. If you are interested in diving, there are options for both introductory and certified scuba divers. A scenic helicopter flight takes you further to view the entire Moore Reef coral system from above.
Other options to explore the Great Barrier Reef with Moore Reef Pontoon!
Visit two unique Great Barrier Reef locations in one day with the Fitzroy Island and outer Reef experience.
If you are keen to dive into the Great Barrier Reef, try a day trip visiting two locations.
Visit Cairns Aquarium to learn more about the Reef and rainforest.
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef straight from the Moore Reef Pontoon.
- Take the 30-metre spiral water slide into the ocean.
- Glass bottom boat tour coupled with a semi-submersible tour for out of the water viewing.
- Get up close with the marine life touch tank.
- Learn about the reef with the marine naturalist and fish feeding presentations.
- Safe kids swimming in the ocean pool enclosure.
- View the world from below while staying dry in the underwater observatory.
8.30 Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal
9.30 Depart Cairns Marina
11.30 Arrive at Moore Reef
1.30 Depart Moore Reef
5.30 Arrive at Cairns Marina
- Return transfer in an air-conditioned catamaran
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction
- 30-metre spiral water slide into the ocean
- Glass bottom boat tour and semi-submersible tour
- Lunch along with tea and coffee while stationary
- Marine life touch tank
- Kids ocean pool enclosure
- Underwater observatory
- Fish feeding presentations
- Marine naturalist presentations
- Lycra suit and buoyancy vest
- Guided snorkel tour
- Seawalker helmet dive
- Introductory scuba dive
- Certified scuba dive
- Helicopter flight
What to bring
- swimming costume and beach towel
- sunscreen (SPF 30+) reef friendly is recommended
- sun protective clothing such as t-shirt or rash vest, hat and sunglasses
- cash or credit card for purchases, snacks and optional activities while onboard
- camera (you can also hire an underwater digital camera onboard)
How to get there
Check-in at Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns
There are no reviews yet