Coral Sea Fishing
Norseman offers daily tours where you can try your hand at landing some of the best fighting and eating fish the Coral Sea has to offer.
Species such as Coral Trout, Red Emperor, Sea Perch (Nannygai), Mackerel, Cobia, Trevally, Cod, Spangled Emperor and Reef Red Bream (Mangrove Jack) will be targeted using either handlines or rods with overhead Penn reels, and whenever possible, float lines for the elusive GT (Giant Trevally), Spanish Mackerel, Tuna and Wahoo.
Want more, or just want to avoid the crowds? Well, why not arrange a private charter and tailor-make a day to suit your needs. You’ll never get bored with trolling, jig, popper, bottom and live bait fishing all on offer or why not cool your heels at one of the many pristine reefs.
Whether it be fishing, snorkelling, sightseeing, film/photography or even a party – whatever your requirements there’s always something for everyone on our Coral Sea Fishing Tours
– Bait and Tackle
– Handlines and Rods
– Smorgasbord Lunch
– Morning and Afternoon Tea
– Your catch Cleaned and Chilled
For a full-day reef fishing Adult (over 14 yrs) $195 / Child (4-14 yrs) $175 Price includes complimentary transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation
Return transfers from Cairns / Cairns Northern Beaches $43 (payable onboard the vessel)
Total price includes EMC of $3.50, Admin Fee of $2.00 & Fuel Levy of $14.50 Prices are per person and include GST. EMC, Fuel Levy & Bus Fares are all payable onboard the vessel.
- Boarding commences at 8am from berth E11 on the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas
- Departure approximately 8.15am to 8.30am
- The skipper will choose the best sites for fishing based on the tides and weather conditions of the day
- Returning back to the Marina at approximately 4.00pm
- Friendly crew who will assist you throughout the day with the best techniques to use
- All bait and tackle
- Handlines and Rods
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Gourmet Tropical Buffet Lunch
- Your catch cleaned and chilled
- Return Port Douglas accommodation transfers
What to bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Cash or credit card for purchases on board for the licensed bar and snacks
- There is a per person Reef Administration charge payable onboard MV Norseman